AABAP is one of the many application-specific fourth-generation languages (4GLs) first developed in the 1980s. It was originally the report language for SAP R/2, a platform that enabled large corporations to build mainframe business applications for materials management and financial and management accounting.
ABAP used to be an abbreviation of Allgemeiner Berichts Aufbereitungs Prozessor, German for "generic report preparation processor", but was later renamed to the English Advanced Business Application Programming. ABAP was one of the first languages to include the concept of Logical Databases (LDBs), which provides a high level of abstraction from the basic database level(s).
The ABAP language was originally used by developers to develop the SAP R/3 platform. It was also intended to be used by SAP customers to enhance SAP applications – customers can develop custom reports and interfaces with ABAP programming. The language is fairly easy to learn[opinion] for programmers but it is not a tool for direct use by non-programmers. Knowledge of relational database design and preferably also of object-oriented concepts is necessary to create ABAP programs.
ABAP dictionaries & Introduction to ABAP • Report Programming • ABAP ALV Reporting • Dialog Programming • BDC • LSMW • SAP Scripts & Smart forms • BADI's & User exits • Enhancement Framework • ALE IDOC's • BAPI and RFC's • Performance Tuning • ABAP OOPS • Transport Management
1. SAP OverviewComplete overview of sap, sap architecture and different modules of sap And business requirements
2. ABAP DictionariesCreation and use of the objects 1. Data Elements 2. Domains 3. Tables 4. Structures 5. Views 6. Search helps 7. Type groups 8. Lock objects
3. Report programming1. Types of Programs 2. Defining data 3. Working on internal tables 4. SELECT QUERIES 5. Classical Reports 6. Interactive reports
4. ABAP ALV List ViewerUsing ALV Functions for displaying data Using EVENTS Using FIELDCATALOUGE Real time examples using REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY And REUSE_ALV_LIST_DISPLAY and Hierarchical Display
5.Module Pool ProgramsPBO and PBI and Screen Programming
6.BDCBDC usage and in Different Methods 1. CALL TRANSACTION 2. SESSION METHODS
7.LSMWIts uses and explanation 1. Direct Input methods 2. Recording 8. SAP Scripts & SMARTFORMS Usage of Scripts, creating SAP Scripts, Zebra coding Configuring SAP SCRIPTS SAP SMARTFORMS, Creation of SMARTFORMS Driver program, Translation.
9.BADI's and User exitsClassical Badi's usage of BADI, User Exits creation and real time examples
10.Enhancement FrameworkEnhancement Spots, Enhancement Techniques, Enhancement Sections, Enhancement Implementations
11. ALE IDOC'sNeed of IDOC's Creating Segments, Message types, Inbound, outbound Posting FM's And configurations
12 .BAPI and RFCBAPI usage and Extending BAPI Techniques and the usage of RFC
13 .Performance TuningsLatest Techniques of Coding and ways to improve performance and tools
14. ABAP OOPSOOPS concepts, OOPS ALV
15. Transport managementWhat are Transports and the usage of Transports.